[Newsletter-en] Vikings libre-friendly store relaunch, FSF Patronage, LibrePlanet conference

Vikings GmbH noreply at vikings.net
Wed Mar 2 14:25:40 UTC 2022

Please consider adding this address to your address book, which will
ensure that our messages reach you and not your spam box.

** Vikings Newsletter 20220302
0. Vikings store (beta) relaunch: Up to 20% off!
1. Help us updating our wiki
2. Vikings is a Free Software Foundation (FSF) Patron
3. LibrePlanet annual conference on 19th-20th March

** 0. Vikings store (beta) relaunch: Up to 20% off!
Yay! Our store has just relaunched a couple of days ago:
https://store.vikings.net/

It's still a beta *but* you'll be happy to hear that there's a number
of new libre-friendly items and more are planned soon.

Your feedback to improve our store is very welcome. Our goal is to
provide you with everything you need for libre-friendly computing, for
a good price. Would you like to see a specific item? Is there a
usability or technical issue? Anything else you would like us to know?
Please email us at: storefeedback at vikings.net

What's new so far:
  * Talos II and Talos II Lite bundles (Blackbird bundles coming soon);
  * Workstations & servers based on Talos II/Talos II Lite;
  * Thinkpad X230 and T440p with coreboot;
  * WRT3200ACM router with openWRT.

Until the end of March the Vikings X200 Laptop is 20% off, and the
WNDR3800 WLAN Router is 10% off.

** 1. Help us updating our wiki
Wait, there's a wiki? Absolutely!
https://wiki.vikings.net/
If you have experience with any of the items sold at Vikings that you'd
like to share with others, for example how you flashed your X230 with
coreboot or improvements on existing articles, we'd be grateful if
you'd share that experience there so it can be useful to others.
Account registration is required but pseudonymous contributions are
welcome.

** 2. Vikings is a Free Software Foundation (FSF) Patron
Vikings has been an FSF Patron since 2019. We support the FSF in its
mission to defend and protect computer users' rights and to demonstrate
to a large community of dedicated free software enthusiasts that we
highly value their work. https://www.fsf.org/patrons

We suggest supporting the work of the FSF (which is most famous for
fiscally sponsoring the GNU Project (https://www.gnu.org/) if you can:
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom

** 3. LibrePlanet annual conference 19-20 March
LibrePlanet is the annual conference hosted by the FSF. It provides an
opportunity for community activists, domain experts, and people seeking
solutions for themselves to come together in order to discuss current
issues in technology and ethics in technology. It's worth checking out!

In addtion to our patronage we have supported the conference through
various means in recent years and will continue to do so where we can.

Visit the conference website: https://libreplanet.org/2022/
Hoping to meet you there!

--
In freedom,
The Vikings Team

Store: https://store.vikings.net/
Web: https://vikings.net/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/vikingslibre

Vikings GmbH, Weststr. 18, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Register Court: AG Aachen, Register No.: HR B 23551
CEO: Thomas Umbach, VATIN: DE254094338

    __4___
  \0\0\0\0\/