[Newsletter-en] Vikings Store update, we're back on Mastodon, LibrePlanet workshops

Vikings GmbH noreply at vikings.net
Thu Apr 21 18:54:52 UTC 2022

** Vikings Newsletter 20220421
0. Store Update: KGPE-D16, T440p and other new items available
1. Vikings is back on Mastodon
2. LibrePlanet/FSF Online Workshops

** 0. Store Update: KGPE-D16, T440p and other new items available
** KGPE-D16 Workstation
We've heard you! By popular demand, the KGPE-D16 workstation is back.
https://store.vikings.net/en/VKGS-WORK-D16

** 10% discount: KGPE-D16 Mainboard - FSF RYF certified
For people who want to build their own workstation or server based on
the FSF RYF certified KGPE-D16 mainboard, we are happy to provide the
base components. There is a 10% discount until 6 May, 2022::
https://store.vikings.net/en/d16ryf

** T440p Laptop
The T440p laptop is the first Intel Haswell series device to support
coreboot and thus the most powerful to support it. The T440p features
excellent upgradeability, making it a perfect portable workstation:
https://store.vikings.net/en/search?controller=search&s=t440p

** T440p Flashing Service
Last year, Vikings supported the skulls project
(https://github.com/merge/skulls/) so that the T440p could be integrated
with skulls. Skulls provides pre-built coreboot images for an easy
installation process compared to coreboot.
Vikings now also offers an installation service for the T440p if you
still don't feel confident enough to flash it yourself:
https://store.vikings.net/en/t440p-service

** USB Sound Adapter - FSF RYF certified
Our USB sound adapter is now also available with an USB-C connector:
https://store.vikings.net/en/usbc-stereo-sound-adapter-fsf-ryf-certified

** 1. Vikings is back on Mastodon
After an abstinence of several months due to problems with updating the
software and too little free time for this kind of work we are now back
on Mastodon: https://social.vikings.net/

The official installation instructions didn't work at the time. This and
our own experience prompted us to write a quick guide for installing
Mastodon on Debian 11, which is available here:
https://wiki.vikings.net/Installing_Mastodon_from_Source_on_Debian_11_(Bullseye)

** 2. LibrePlanet/FSF Online Workshops
The FSF announced that it will be hosting a series of workshops over the
coming weeks. Please see their schedule below for dates, times, workshop
descriptions, and registration links. We think this can be a attractive
way to learn about a wide range of topics.
Visit the events website: https://www.fsf.org/events/aggregator/

Last but not least we would like to suggest supporting the work of the
FSF (which is most famous for fiscally sponsoring the GNU Project
(https://www.gnu.org/) if you can:
https://my.fsf.org/associate/support_freedom

--
In freedom,
The Vikings Team

Store: https://store.vikings.net/
Web: https://vikings.net/
Wiki: https://wiki.vikings.net/
Follow us on Mastodon: https://social.vikings.net/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vikingslibre

- Vikings is a Free Software Foundation patron -

Vikings GmbH, Weststr. 18, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Register Court: AG Aachen, Register No.: HR B 23551
CEO: Thomas Umbach, VATIN: DE254094338

          __4___
        \0\0\0\0\/