[Newsletter-en] 25% off at the Vikings Store - Sept 16th is Software Freedom Day

Vikings GmbH noreply at vikings.net
Wed Sep 13 20:38:27 UTC 2017

** Vikings Newsletter 20170913
0. Software Freedom Day: 25% off at the Vikings Store
1. Update: "World's first libre hosting provider", Vikings Store
2. FOSDEM, 3 & 4 February 2018

** 0. Software Freedom Day: 25% off at the Vikings Store
We're celebrating the Software Freedom Day[0] by offering 25% off the
base price of our RYF certified and libre-friendly Vikings X200 laptop
(175 EUR ex VAT) and Vikings D16 mainboard (300 EUR ex VAT).

This is a rare opportunity, the offer is only valid this weekend, from
Saturday, 16th of September to Sunday, 17th and won't happen again soon.

Order here:
 # https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/x200-ryf-certfied
 # https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/d16-ryf-certfied

** 1. Update: "World's first libre hosting provider", Vikings Store
Again, I would like to thank all those who supported us so far and keep
supporting us. You guys are amazing!

We've reached 20% of the overall goal which is set at 57.500 EUR.
Because this has not been going at the speed we've hoped and most
people who made a pre-order can't wait for world's first libre hosting
provider to happen, we're also looking into other means of funding for
our project to bridge the gap and speed things up.

Since we've announced our web store (https://store.vikings.net/) in
March this year, we've been welcomed with open arms and it's been a
real success story. We've served hundreds of people who are interested
in libre software and libre-friendly hardware from almost all over the
world. We've worked hard, very hard, to make this possible. Still, most
of this has been made possible by the FSF, GNU, coreboot and other great
projects. We look forward to "return the favor" and contribute to
FLOSS a lot more in the near future.

The money earned through our store will definitely play a large role in
the funding we require to take off.

A lot of things are happening behind the scenes, alas I can't talk about
most of it _yet_. However we'll provide you with an in-depth update on
how and when we'll begin providing our service later in 2017.

We also hope to be able to show some results at FOSDEM in February next
year, which will be in less then 5 months from now.

** 2. FOSDEM, 3 & 4 February 2018
Being part of FOSDEM[1] as a standholder in the beginning of this year
was a real blast.
We do hope to be able to get a stand again next year to talk about
our ideas. Probably even more importantly for most: to talk about the
products we'll be able to deliver to you at that point.

The FOSDEM team will receive our application in the next days and we'd
be more than happy if we'd get the opportunity to be there with you.

If you can, you should come in any case and experience two days with
interesting people, talks, presentations and stands from the world of FLOSS.

* Links
[0] https://www.softwarefreedomday.org/
[1] https://fosdem.org/2018/

--
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Cordialement/Met vriendelijke groet
Thomas Umbach

Web: https://www.vikings.net/
Phone: +49 6196 202 82 0
Fax:   +49 6196 202 82 99

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vikingslibre
Follow us on GNUsocial: https://quitter.se/vikings

Vikings GmbH
Mergenthalerallee 10-12, 65760 Eschborn, Germany
Register Court: AG Frankfurt am Main
Register No.: HR B 84497, CEO: Thomas Umbach
Tax Office: Frankfurt am Main, VATIN: DE254094338

--
Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Cordialement/Met vriendelijke groet
Thomas Umbach

Web: https://www.vikings.net/
Phone: +49 6196 202 82 0
Fax:   +49 6196 202 82 99

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vikingslibre
Follow us on GNUsocial: https://quitter.se/vikings

Vikings GmbH
Mergenthalerallee 10-12, 65760 Eschborn, Germany
Register Court: AG Frankfurt am Main
Register No.: HR B 84497, CEO: Thomas Umbach
Tax Office: Frankfurt am Main, VATIN: DE254094338
    __4___
  \0\0\0\0\/